Wednesday, September 26, 2018

To Kelowna we go, the start of another Okanagan trip, and we begin the day at probably the most recognizable name in BC WIne: Mission Hill!

I have a love/hate relationship with this winery. I love to hate them.

But everyone deserve a second, third, and maybe fourth chance. This is not on our "must-do" list, but we do like to stop in every few visits to Kelowna to see what's up. Since they hired eminently-talented winemaker Darryl Brooker as their chief winemaker for the 2015 harvest, I expect that the quality of the wines here will have improved since our last visit. Let's see if I am right.



















































































That's it for today, although there is still some room for consistency across the portfolio, I am comfortable in saying there has been improvement. Here's hoping it continues! I'm sure it will.

If you've ever been here, you know that the grounds of the winery are second-to-none. The tasting room is beautiful, if a bit corporate. Still, if you get the right guide, you can have a good experience here.

From here, we left and went to The Hatch; and let me tell you, there were more customers at The Hatch than there were here. But since I've already written my report on the wines we tasted at The Hatch, my next report will be from our trip the next day into Lake Country, at a winery we had never previously visited: Ancient Hill !

No comments:

Post a Comment