Saturday, May 28, 2016

Okanagan Wine Trip continues, and someone is getting a Misconduct penalty.....

...and it's our friend who recommended this place to us!

I know I promised that my next entry would involve our terrific tasting and lunch at Liquidity but my notes on that tasting were on a separate piece of paper which I have misplaced. I'm sure I'll find it and we'll go back to it later, but for now, let's go on. After lunch we headed back to the Penticton/Naramata area and stopped at a little winery called Misconduct Wine Co. I was totally unfamiliar with them but our friend had enjoyed some of their stuff in the past and it never hurts to give a little guy a try.

Usually.

Tasting room was nice and big and the lady behind the counter was friendly. No tasting fee.



Misconduct 2014 Misfit ($20.50)

Pinot Gris, Muscat and Gewurztraminer. Three excellent grapes that go well together, and normally you can put a bit of Muscat in anything and it makes it better. This features nice aromas of honeydew and pineapple, with honeydew and white peaches on the palate. 86.


Misconduct 2014 Riesling ($19.50)

Light aromas of nectarine and slate. Palate features apple, pear and a touch of minerality. 85.



Misconduct 2013 Big Take ($27.50)

48% Merlot, 18% Cabernet Sauvignon, 16% Syrah, 13% Cabernet Franc, 5% Petit Verdot

Notes of plum and black pepper. Cold cuts, blackberry and cassis on the palate. 86.


Misconduct 2013 Pinot Noir ($38.00)

Aromas of black cherry, tobacco and cranberry. Finishes with just a touch of earthiness and mushroom. Would probably improve with a lot of aging but not particularly approachable now. 85.


Misconduct 2013 Inverno ($48.00)

Riesling, Viognier and Muscat blend in a pleasant dessert wine. Aromas of orange marmalade and marshmallow. A hint of lemon joins some honey and pear flavors. Lovely. 89.




Yes I know, qu'elle surprise that my favorite wine was the dessert wine. Total shocker.

Next up: up the road to another winery I was quite unfamiliar with, Black Widow!



No comments:

Post a Comment