Sunday, December 8, 2013

Inky....Anchorman.....Archmage.....Geez, how DO you pronounce that?????

Nk'Mip. Pronounced, I understand, "in-ka-meep". OK then.

Picked up a bargain at a BC Liquor store the other day, a bottle of 2009 Nk'Mip Qwam Qwmt Syrah. Regular price was around the neighborhood of $35, I picked this up for $24.99. It would be a crime to pass up a bargain like that, even though I've never tried this wine before.

We opened it up tonight, paired with a Filet Mignon with Herbed Compound Butter.

2009 Nk'Mip Qwam Qwmt Syrah

Your nose might notice an overabundance of berries; blueberries in particular. Some cherries as well. On the long, silky palate, hints of plum and blueberries, notes of cherries. Almost no spice or pepper that is so common among Syrah. Nice, but I would have preferred some spice to pair with the steak. 82.






And if that wasn't enough, we were doing a little Xmas shopping and came across this :


2012 Nk'Mip Qwam Qwmt Riesling Icewine

What's special about that? How about this. John Schreiner, probably the most prolific and respected local wine reviewer, just rated this 100/100. That is not a typo. ONE HUNDRED. Nothing gets 100, except for some $500+bottles of French Bordeaux.

That's probably not totally true, I'm sure there have been some other 100's, but I bet there aren't many. For the $60 that Icewine cost me, I'm dying to try it out. I will let you know my findings, I suspect it will get opened up this Xmas.

Here is the link to the review, if you want to see for yourself:

http://johnschreiner.blogspot.ca/2013/12/an-icewine-that-should-be-on-your.html

No comments:

Post a Comment