Monday, August 5, 2013

BC Day blog features two really good wines

Given that today is BC Day, it would only be logical that I would feature nothing but BC wines in today's blog. But of course nobody has ever accused me of being logical. I'm not Mr. Spock for goodness sake.

A few days ago, I was wandering through a random liquor store, checking out their pretty lousy selection of wine, when I came across this bad boy from Spain:


2003 Bajoz Cranza Tempranillo

Bold and earthy, very fruit forward with a pleasant, rich finish, I'd highly recommend picking one of these up if you can find it. I'm going to head back to that store and see if they have any more of them. For $23, it was a steal, and the best part is it's already 10 years old; no reason to further age it. Pop that baby open and enjoy! If you like a good Tempranillo at a very reasonable price, this is for you.

Rating: 7/10


***UPDATE, just got back from the store, picked up the LAST bottle!




OK I guess I better at least feature ONE B.C. wine in my BC Day blog. I had some good friends over for dinner on Saturday night and they brought me this one, which I had not yet tried:


2010 Nk'Mip Quam Qwmt Chardonnay

Try pronouncing that one. No, you're wrong. Try again. No still wrong. Time to give up! This was very nice, with notes of butter and caramel that I love in a Chardonnay. Very rich, with an extended mineral finish. An excellent choice if you are looking for a nice Chardonnay at a reasonable price point of $25.

Rating: 7/10






No comments:

Post a Comment